Just Shoot Safely – Texas License To Carry
The Texas Licensed To Carry Handgun License Class may be completed in a One Day Class (4-6 hours)
**Renewals no longer need to attend a class
***Attention New Shooters: For those with minimal to no experience handling a firearm, we strongly recommend taking our Handgun Safety Orientation Course prior to taking the License to Carry Course. This is not a requirement, but it will help you tremendously to have some basic training in how to safely handle your gun, proper grip, how to aim, proper stance, etc. This type of information is not covered in the 5 hour LTC Course. You should have this knowledge prior to showing your proficiency on the range and for the safety of yourself and others. You do not have to fill out the application for your Texas License to Carry with the Texas Department of Public Safety before you take this course.
Tuition for this course: $150.00 per student for new Texas LTCs (unless you have a coupon code at check out).
All students attending the course must check out here: Just Shoot Safely before attending class, if possible. Otherwise, we’ll do it in class.
- 4 to 6 hours of classroom instruction and testing – included
- Use of a semi-automatic pistol – included
- 50 rounds of SAAMI certified ammunition – included
- Ear protection – included
- Eye Protection – included NOTE: Prescription eyeglasses will be acceptable for eye protection
- Range Qualification & Range fee at an indoor climate-controlled range – included
- B-27 Target – included
- Certificate of Completion (Form CHL-100) – included
*NOTE: Just Shoot Safely encourages everyone to use the provided pistols and ammunition as it is included in the cost of the course. Just Shoot Safely DOES NOT give further discounts if you choose to use your own pistol, ammunition, eye and ear protection
TUITION DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Fingerprints; As of March 1, 2011, all fingerprints MUST be taken by Identogo**
- State of Texas LTC Application Fee paid to the Texas Department of Public Safety
NOTE: (Your current Texas drivers’ license photo be used)
**Note: Effective March 1st, 2011, the TX DPS requires that all Texas License To Carry Applicants obtain their fingerprints from Identogo. You cannot schedule an appointment until the TX DPS has received your application. To schedule an appointment, call 1-888-467-2080 or visit their website: Identogo
Please bring to class:
- Your state I.D., Driver’s License, or US Passport
- Black or blue pen & paper for notes
Obtaining a license to carry a handgun in the State of Texas requires a minimum 4-hour Concealed Handgun License Certification Course which is outlined by the State Department of Public Safety and covers:
MODULE ONE – Laws that relate to weapons, where to carry and not to carry and to the use of force and deadly force
MODULE TWO – Handgun use and safety, including use of restraint holsters and methods to ensure the secure carrying of openly carried handguns;
MODULE THREE – Non-violent dispute resolution
MODULE FOUR – Proper storage practices for handguns with an emphasis on storage practices that eliminate the possibility of accidental injury to a child
Obtaining a permit to carry a handgun in the State of Texas requires:
- Completion of the Certification Course ( 4-hours minimum)
- Passing the shooting proficiency test at the range (up to two hours minimum)
- Pass a 25 question written test
The applicant is encouraged to apply and pay a fee to the State, which completes a background check and fingerprints which, in most cases, concludes in the issuance of the State of Texas issued license.
NO PERSONAL FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM
- Classroom Location – Our class is located on the second floor in the REMAX Advantage Real Estate Office, 325 S. Stemmons Freeway (I-35E), Lewisville, TX 75067. The exit is #452 on I-35E. You’ll access the building from the frontage road. Please be on time
- The Range Location – We’ll be using Eagle Gun Range, 491 Valley Ridge Road, Lewisville, TX 75067, for License To Carry range qualification. Eagle Gun Range is located on Valley Ridge Road, exit #453
NOTE: Classroom and range location may be subject to change, but Just Shoot Safely will make sure you are notified, in writing via email, before each course date. Additionally, the order we do shooting qualification and classroom work may alternate date dependent.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me Just Shoot Safely